Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sleeping Blogger

I am going to attempt to convince my blog followers that since we were studying Fairy Tales these past weeks in class, I decided to revamp Sleeping Beauty into Sleeping Blogger! That would account for the lack of an update in 10 days or so!  It isn't like we haven't been super busy in first grade, we have! So busy I haven't had many chances to take pictures and post.  But, I am going to wake up from this blogging sleep and get back in the game! 

Some exciting things have already happened this week.  The first being the Fish Fairy King (Mr. Robby) set up our amazing fish tank (Thank you Wendy!) and added some cute little fish and a snail!  The kids are loving watching them.  We had a bit of a scare on Monday morning when we couldn't get the gold snail to move.  I was very afraid we would have to have a funeral.  But, by lunch he was up and moving around. Thank goodness! 


We wrote on Monday about what we would do if we were a fish.  We then had our very first Author's Chair.  Author's Chair is where a few students have the chance to read us their stories and show off their illustrations.  They all were excited and wanted a turn.  I hated that we didn't have time for them all to share, but Author's Chair will become a must from now on.


 
Ok, check out the cool cat magnets on our center charts (the round cookie sheets)!  We got those from Puzzle magazine.  So, when I send those subscription papers know that even if you sign and return a no, we still get cool stuff for our class!  :)
 
 
 
 
NOUNS
 
 
Today we learned that a noun is people, places, and things.  I showed a amazing old school video (School House Rocks) about nouns.  Check it out!
 
 
 
I wanted it to show the picture of the video,but I don't know how to do that.  If you do, let me know!
 
 
 
We also brainstormed our own list of nouns and compared and contrasted Proper and Common nouns. 
 


One last thing.....

Limeades for Learning has begun!  Let's get voting!!


Limeades for Learning! VOTE!!



Ok, I was wrong.  There is one more thing I need to say (well, type...)



THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Our classroom is so very blessed to have parents who are willing to go the extra mile.  I am overwhelmed with the response and participation of my parent volunteers.  You have all been amazing and I appreciate your kindness more than words can say!  The students and  I are both very lucky to have parents who will take time to help out.  Again, thank you!


0 comments:

Post a Comment