Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I LOVE BACON!!!

Our training schedule today included Word Wall Sentences, Play-doh Word Works, and the every amazing Poetry Journal!  We are really getting that poetry journal down!  Next week, I will add another component to it. 
The kids LOVE Play-doh words!  I mean, who wouldn’t love to play with play-doh AND learn at the same time.  It is the best of their world and mine!  They are rocking out using that play-doh to make all their letters. 



We are studying the “-et” family, so we had a poem called “Chet’s Pet” today.  It was about a little boy who wanted a snake (YUK and GROSS!) for a pet.  The funniest part of the poem (to me at least)  is that the DAD said no and the MOM says yes!!!  HAHA!! 

What about some comprehension??  Yep, we are all rocking out the grown up first grade story map!  I used the most amazing story…LAZY LION!  I love the Lazy Lion.  It is a fable about a lion who commands the animals of the African plains to build him a house.  But, he is never satisfied with the houses.  So, he ends up stuck in the BIG RAIN!!!  The moral of the story is “Don’t be lazy!!” (a quote from one of the firsties!)
They did a wonderful job with this group story map!  I am super proud of them!

In math we talked about ICE CREAM!!  Yummy!  We graphed our favorite ice cream using pictures we drew ourselves.  I really think to be an extraordinary teacher, I should follow this up with a taste test on Friday!  J

Today Briza lost a tooth!!  Whoot Whoot Briza!!! 


My favorite quote today was “We are picking up trash because I don’t want you to hurt your back when you bend down to pick up trash.  That’s what happens when you are old!”  Man, I really didn’t think I was old! 
So, to prove I am NOT old, we danced it out to We Are The Champions!  Pictures are not available for that activity…sorry! 


One last final thought…..I LOVE BACON!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment