Thursday, September 27, 2012

Snails and Help!


I’m stressed.  These class pets are stressing me out!!  Our little Gold Snail is a fickle thing.  On Monday morning he appeared to be dead.  We kept a close eye on him and still nothing.  He didn’t float, so Mrs. Harris assured me if he was dead he would be floating.  But, I still wasn’t convinced he hadn’t kicked the bucket.   I told myself I would wait until I left that afternoon before I disposed of him.    Well, before I walked out at 5:30 on Monday, he was moving around the glass!  Whew!  I really felt that was a close one.  All day Tuesday, the little sweetie was good to go.  On Wednesday, after car pick-up I entered my classroom to a frantic Brynn.  She was screaming that the snail had died.  I proceeded to check on the snail and there it was floating.  Great, the thing is gone.  Well, after debating with my fellow teachers, I decided to wait until the morning to take care of the situation.  I mean, I know nothing about these little snails, so I had no idea if floating was an appropriate behavior.  This morning the girls and I were all ready to have a quick snail funeral when we discovered the snail was ALIVE!!!!!  Man, this snail is sneaky, or lucky, or I just plain don’t understand snails!  I Googled Gold Snails and found that I should have been feeding it lettuce or algae wafers.  I felt horrible for the darling.  It was probably weak from lack of nutrients.   So, I found a small piece of lettuce and now we are all hoping for the best!  Here is the little sweetie.  It was suggested by another teacher I call him Lazarus!  J 

 

This week I have been blessed with lots of amazing parent volunteers.   Mr. Brannon (I didn’t get his picture) came and read Where The Wild Things Are.  The kids really enjoyed his visit.

Later that day we had a visit from Gracie’s mom (and OC 2nd grade teacher) Mrs. Wilson.  She came by and read a great fall book Pumpkin Soup.
 

 

Then, on Thursday our class and football player received this amazing sign for the pep rally tomorrow from Mrs. Boyd!  Thank you so much!  It was awesome.  After I took this picture we signed our names!
 

 

I want to thank Mrs. Lopez, Mrs. Ryan and Mrs. Littlejohn for helping put together our A to Z reading books.  You guys ROCK!!!

 

I got another surprise in the mail today.  Our latest Donor’s Choose project was funded a few weeks back and I got our books and cd’s from Lakeshore!  I am so excited to download those to the IPODS! 
 

Each book set comes with four books and a CD.  I love this because now each student at the listening center can listen to the same book at the same time! 

We had an amazing week and I got some pretty good pictures of the kids at centers.    Below are those!







0 comments:

Post a Comment