Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Finding the "Right Fit"

Well it was another great day in first grade! Today we talked about finding “good fit” books.  We learned that not every book is made for everyone.  Just like Mr. Robby’s (my lucky husband) size 14 shoe doesn’t fit me, some books just might not “fit” you!  Finding a “good fit” book involves the steps of I PICK.  Below is the picture of our I PICK anchor chart.


The kiddos then got the chance to pick 5 “good fit”.  They had a blast finding just the right book!  I was so proud of their choices.  These are the books we will use when doing our Daily 5.  (I will blog later about Daily 5) 


We were blessed again today with a little bit of rain which the kids didn’t like so much since it interfered with recess!  Hopefully the rain will continue, but on “first grade’s schedule!”
Mrs. Richardson

0 comments:

Post a Comment