Monday, August 22, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over.....

With GLUE!!!  My goodness….how did you know my biggest fear at the beginning of school is a shortage of Glue?  Thanks so much to everyone who sent extra!!!  I heart glue!!!


What a great first day!  I can't even begin to describe how utterly AWESOME this class is!!!!  I am leaving this school on cloud nine!  We began our day by drawing pictures of our summer vacation.  Let me tell you, these kids had an awesome time!  We also got to know one another.  Of course, we had to practice procedures and go over rules.  I have a good feeling this class is going to pick up quickly on everything first grade! We also read, The Kissing Hand.  We made our own “kissing hand” which hopefully you got!  We also talked about how we felt on our first day of school.  You can see that most were a little nervous!  By lunch I assure you everyone had went from nervous to excited!  Here is our “hand” (and yes I am NOT an artistic person, but the kiddos assured me as long as I did my best it was ok!):
I am so blessed with such a wonderful group of kids!  I just can’t stop smiling!  To top off this great day it is finally RAINING!!!  Yes, as I type, I can hear the pitter-patter of rain!  Thanks for sharing your darlings with me!! 

Mrs. Richardson
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment