Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day In First Grade

This can sum up the first day:

It was wild, but amazing!  This group of kids pack a punch when it comes to personalities!  I have a range from super goofy to super serious!  I can tell it will never be a dull moment in Mrs. R's room.  I am dead on my feet, and extremely grateful for a husband who will cook dinner!

We started the day by getting to know each other a little better.  We talked about our summer vacation and all the fun things we did.  Tomorrow we will talk about our families.  With 19 kiddos it takes along time to get to know one another.

Of course we followed getting the 411 on each other by checking out the rules.  That went by way to quickly.  These kids were telling ME the rules before I even formed a word on my mouth.  Those Kinder teachers molded them well.

We read The Night Before First Grade and talked all about what we did last night!


We took care of some supply "house keeping" and took time to dance a bit!

After lunch we read Kissing Hand and started our unit on that.  These kids kept me pretty busy, so I didn't have a chance to take many pictures.  Tomorrow I will be better I promise!

Then the best part of the day....RECESS!!!  Since we are 1st graders we get to play on the BIG playground!  How amazing is that!  That in itself is a reason to come back tomorrow!  :)


I couldn't have gotten through the day without prayers, giggles, and Diet Coke.......



The first day is always the craziest and the most fun!  The best part of the day was getting to know these little ones and falling in love with their sweet personalities!

Side Note.....
I haven't taken the time to look through all of the blog consent forms (and I left them at school), but as soon as I do, I will share our cute 1st Day of 1st Grade pictures. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment